The center of the tin glazed earthenware plate decorated in shades of blue with the 15th century city gate St. Anthonispoort in Amsterdam in the winter. The rim with geometric motifs.
Signed on the bottom in underglaze blue for:
DE PORCELEYNE FLES - ROYAL DELFT
DELFT - HOLLAND & CU = 1975
480 / 1000
Painters initials: VDL = H. van de Linden
Employment dates: 1955 - present. (= in 2003)
Designed by Marcelius de Bruijn
This 15th Century building serves a fitting symbol to honour the 700th birthday of the capital in 1975. Later a weighing house for merchandise (Called The Waag). It also was the home of the Sint Lucas Gilde (guild) for the well-known 17th century painters as Rembrandt who painted here his famous Anatomic Lesson. Since 1929 part of the Amsterdam Historical Museum. The last 30 years it is a Grand Café
Diameter: 18,3 cm. (7,2 inches.)
Weight: 267 grams.