The tin glazed plaque decorated in multi colours with the English Church on The Begijnhof in Amsterdam. After an engraving from circa 1765. Surrrounded with a rim decorated in colours with scrolled foliage. Only 75 items were made for Focke & Meltzer on the Spui /Kalverstraat in Amsterdam (F.&.M.)
Signed on the back in underglaze blue with:
DE PORCELEYNE FLES - ROYAL DELFT
DELFT - HOLLAND - Anno 1975
F & M Monumentenjaar 1975 5 / 75
Painter’s signature: MKR = Martinus C. Krieger. Painter & Designer.
Employment dates 1955 - present (= in 2003.)
Height: 42 cm. (16,6 inches.)
Width: 37 cm. (14,6 inches.)
The English Church.
On februari 5th – 2007 was the 400 years celebration of the English Reformed Church with the Queens Beatrix and Elisabeth.II. The reformed congregation was founded in 1607 to serve the English-speaking community of Amsterdam and is the oldest English Church outside the UK. In 1620 it is the 400 years celebration of the Pilgrimfathers who went with the Mayflower to The U.S.A.