The very rare tin glazed earthenware plate decorated in shades of blue within the centera view of ‘s Hertogenbosch with the Sint-Jans Kathedraal / St. John’s Cathedral. (The height of the Gothic architecture in the Netherlands.) The rim with stylized flower motives and
‘s Hertogenbosch – 1185 – 1935.
The city received the City Rights in 1184.
Signed on the back in underglaze blue for:
DE PORCELEYNE FLES - ROYAL DELFT
DELFT - HOLLAND & BE = 1935
Painter: JB = Jurrien Adrianus Burghoorn
Employment dates: Oct.17th 1892 - 1949
Diam.: 18,2 cm. (7,2 inches.)
Weight: 232 grams.