Map of Amsterdam in 1613 by Jan Wagenaar - Anno 1760


Make an inquiry

Original antique copperengraving, handcoloured.
“AMSTERDAM zo als het , na de Vergroting des jaars 1593, binnen zijn 12 bolwerken begrepen was: met de aanvang der Vergrootinge des jaars 1611 , aan de West-, en de ontworpen Vergrooting aan de Oost – zijde. Gevolgd naar de Grondtekening in de uitgave der Handvesten van den jaare 1613.”
Title in column top left of the engraving. The map shows the old city already grown over the Singel and the Kloveniersburgwal with the St. Anthonispoort., now named the Waag on the Nieuwmarkt. In the westt already the 8 “lijnbanen”, the 12 bastions and the Leidsegracht. In the east the planned extension is already shown with dots.
From : Geschiedenis van Amsterdam by JAN WAGENAAR Anno 1760
Published by Isaak Tirion in Amsterdam, bookseller on the Kalverstraat near the Dam in Amsterdam.
Literature:
A.E.d’Ailly, Catalogus Amsterdamsche plattegronden Gemeente archief Amsterdam. Number 95
Kaarten van Amsterdam 1538- 1865 Stadsarchief Amsterdam Blz .235 Cat.118

Format engraving: 27.5 x 36 cm. (10.9 x 14.2 inches.)


Material
Copper engraving
Reference
WP.068b
Price
Price on request
Share