Map of Amsterdam in 1613 by Jan Wagenaar 1760. Antique Copper Engraving

Make an inquiry

Original antique copper engraving, handcoloured.

“AMSTERDAM zo als het, na de Vergroting des jaars 1593, binnen zijn 12 bolwerken begrepen was: met de aanvang der Vergrootinge des jaars 1611, aan de West-, en de ontworpen Vergrooting aan de Oost – zijde. Gevolgd naar de Grondtekening in de uitgave der Handvesten van den jaare 1613.”

Title in Dutch in  column top left of the engraving.
The map shows the old city already grown over the Singel and the Kloveniersburgwal with the St. Anthonispoort, now named the Waag on the Nieuwmarkt.. In the west already the 8 “lijnbanen”, the12 bastions and the Leidsegracht. In the east the planned extension is already shown with dots.

From: Geschiedenis van Amsterdam by JAN WAGENAAR Anno 1760

Published by Isaak Tirion in Amsterdam, bookseller on the Kalverstraat near the Dam in Amsterdam.


A.E.d’Ailly, Catalogus Amsterdamsche plattegronden  Gemeente archief Amsterdam. Number 95
Kaarten van Amsterdam 1538- 1865 Stadsarchief Amsterdam Page 235 Cat.118

Format engraving: 27,5 x 36 cm.  (1,9  x 14,2 inches.)
Framed in burr-walnut with coloured passe-partout on acid-free paper.
Height: 47 cm.  (18,5 inches.)  
Width: 54,8 cm. (21,7 inches.)


WP.068 L
Price on request